At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
The Accounting Operations Manager is responsible for directly overseeing the North America team (currently including billing and operational revenue functions) as well as indirectly overseeing (and providing advice) to the global teams and ensuring processes remain consistent and intact. The individual should be familiar with transaction data and flows through Fitbit’s ERP system and uphold to all deadlines, reporting requirements and SOX / audit reviews or needs. The Manager will work closely with cross functional groups (such as Sales Operations, Sales, Credit & Collections, Revenue, FP&A, Internal and External Audit Partners & IT).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage people and processes for the Fitbit Billing and Operational Revenue Functions. Review work performed by team, as needed.
- Adhere to all requirements and timelines of a public company. For example:
- Uphold the team to certain SLA’s and deadlines (such as Month End Close)
- Manage SOX documentation (Risk Control Matrix, Process Flowcharts)
- Manage Audit relationships and requests
- With major system experience, recognize the links upstream/downstream and verbalize the impacts & reliance internal business partners have on the various functions. For example, understand importance of Master Data Management (MDM) (such as customer, pricing, materials) and how data flows through different modules and interfaces to various systems.
- Collaborate across teams to improve current procedure including expanding polices and procedure documentation
- Participate and drive projects for improvement of processes, as needed
- Provide project requirements and coordinate, manage and oversee any testing to improve existing processes and automate any related systems
- Improve information and data for consumption by the business
- Provide backup as needed within the department
- Can see the big picture and lead individuals through strategic change with a positive outlook and attitude
- Can break down a complex situation into simple steps
- Must have 2-5 years experience managing an operational accounting (preferably OTC or billing) function
- Must be able to communicate across global and cross functional teams for operational and project growth and efficiencies
- Must be organized, detail-oriented, problem-solver who takes initiative and is accountable
- Preferred Experience: Has worked for a public company, retail experience (ie: understands inventory), revenue experience, previous project management experience (ie: PMP), has worked with a major ERP system (such as SAP or Oracle)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.