At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalised experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergised focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s EMEA HQ is in Dublin, our Global HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with other locations in Singapore, Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
Fitbit is seeking a self-starter as the Manager of EMEA Reverse Logistics. As the EMEA Regional Reverse Logistics Manager, you'll be part of the Global Reverse Logistics team working with colleagues heading APAC and AMR regions as well as Global cross functional managers. The successful candidate will be directly responsible for the regional execution of end to end reverse logistics. This will include direct engagement with our customers to ensure RMA management, collaboration and execution of the returns processes. Additionally the manager will be directly accountable for the management of designated 3PL partners processing of returns as well as end to end RMA management within Fitbit. The cross-functionally collaborative role will require the successful candidate to assume management of regional repair and refurbishment operations with close collaboration with Planning, Sales Account Management, finance, accounting, Forward Logistics and Business Systems.
The Global Reverse Logistics team at Fitbit is responsible for delivering innovative and cost-effective post-sales logistics experiences to both internal and external customers. You'll join a dynamic, creative, and diverse team, that defines the reverse logistics strategies, processes, metrics and deliverables across our product portfolio.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Through your knowledge of the Reverse Supply Chain services landscape, coupled with the available offerings within Fitbit, continuously manage, evaluate and improve our reverse logistics service offering
- Model business cases for optimal reverse supply chain set-up considering multiple variables such as; sales forecasts, return rates, sales channels, spend analysis, logistics network, collaborative planning and customer interactions
- Directly manage the creation, monitoring, vendor processing, customer reporting and validation of all RMA processing for Fitbit EMEA Region. Act as an advocate and liaison between the teams for all reverse logistics process and communication management within your region
- Manage Reverse Logistics relationships with customers to include onsite audits, discrepancy reporting, scheduled and unscheduled communications, direct customer engagement and management
- Ownership and responsibility for management of day-to-day outsourced EMEA Reverse logistics and returns management
- Manage returns and reverse logistics performance metrics to include Retail Returns, RMA cycle time, warranty delivery performance and credit cycle time
- Create and manage regional returns operations for retail reverse logistics within the region and where applicable within designated countries in the region
- Partner with regional finance and credit teams to ensure accurate and timely resolution of customer returns processing and related credit memos
- Lead regional business reviews to ensure product returns operational targets are measured, managed, reported and required actions are being driven appropriately
- Drive measurable cost savings through accurate returns management, exploring regional logistics opportunities and implementing regional refurb utilisation where applicable
- Manage the end-to-end performance of EMEA reverse logistics operations
Required Skills and Experience:
- BA/BS degree in a related field, or equivalent experience
- 7-10 years of experience working in logistics operations, supply chain or reverse logistics
- Experience in operational service vendor management.
- Experience in managing customer-centric programs in the consumer electronics space
- Direct experience in managing customer interaction and communication
- Knowledge of product lifecycle and Reverse Logistics requirements for product lifecycle.
- Significant experience in RMA end to end management to include asset recovery.
- Avid seeker of process improvements and cost optimisation in Reverse Logistics processes
- Demonstrated ability to operate in a fast-paced environment and manage ever-changing priorities and deadlines
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with global cross-functional team
- Strong task management and prioritisation skills
- Strong knowledge of MS Office suite products to include analytical capabilities
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.