At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
The Financial Analyst, Insights and Planning is an individual contributor role that will work closely with business leaders and senior management to deliver actionable insights and analytical support in the area of profitability, sales specials, sales incentive programs, sales reporting/ performance metrics and dashboards. This is a high visibility, high impact role providing analytical solutions to global sales and business leaders in a growing and evolving business environment.
We are looking for a data-driven analyst with high commitment to data integrity and quality of work to support Fitbit’s financial planning, sales planning, and analytics. The candidate will be detail-and results-oriented, capable of handling multiple projects at once, capable of dealing with ambiguity, and comfortable with working and interacting with remote teams, business leaders, and management. The ideal candidate has an ability to adapt to a fast changing business environment while providing solutions around a wide variety of business needs and forward thinking to design solutions, process, and analytics for the future.
The role will serve as subject matter expert for sales compensation implementation, administration and reporting. Responsibilities will include reporting and analyzing key metrics of sales performance, drive operational process improvements and ensure quality control as a key owner of the sales compensation related data. Generate data supported solutions to business challenges and ensure the highest quality of data integrity for all analysis and reporting. Perform insightful and accurate reporting and analytics to the management team. In addition, you will be involved in key projects and deliverables of the Sales Compensation and Planning team. This includes but not limited to calculate compensation payments for sales personnel, perform support activities needed for the development, implementation, and administration of sales compensation programs and policies. Provide regular timely and accurate ad-hoc analysis and reporting on incentive compensation trending, payments and other related items.
What You’ll Work On:
- Enable senior management to make informed, data-driven decision by providing ad-hoc reporting and analytical support in the area where data is difficult to assess/unreliable and data from multiple sources.
- Prepare and review compensation reports for accuracy and completeness. Perform cost analysis, modeling of sales plans, and serve as subject matter expert for sales compensation administration and reporting.
- Ensure accurate and timely administration of sales compensation plans and quotas.
- Provide sales reporting and training to the sales force and sales management team.
- Apply expertise in quantitative analysis, data mining, presentation of data, and capabilities around “what-if” scenario analysis for customer accounts and customer deductions.
- Synthesize large amounts of data and generate deep insights with concise, actionable messaging and reporting and communicate key findings and sales insights to management
- Ensure accuracy of Sales and Finance dashboards. Expert in data visualization/dashboard design and maintenance. Expert user of reporting tools (e.g., BI, Tableau).
- Provide accurate/timely data in a usable/automated format to visualize trends related to customer accounts using sales, volume, and cost information.
- Evaluate profitability and discount guardrails, and provide recommendation based on business goals/needs.
- Bachelor’s Degree is required
- 3+ years’ experience in an analytics and data mining/analysis role
- Working knowledge of incentive plan structures (pay mix, quotas, plan mechanics)
- Strong analytical background and with attention to detail
- Able to balance data with intuitive thinking and draw conclusion from data and provide strategic recommendations
- Results-driven, goal-oriented mindset to improve analytics capabilities
- Good communication skills and ability to convey complex ideas in a simple manner
- Experience with statistical and simulation analysis, SQL, relational data, and BI tools
- 15%-20% travel required for this position
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.