At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Senior Materials Program Manager for New Product Introduction is responsible for ensuring cost optimization, multi-sourcing and material readiness and availability for new product prototype builds and mass production ramp-ups. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in a manufacturing environment, a bachelor’s degree or operations background. The Materials Program Manager will work closely with Product Development, Commodity Sourcing, Manufacturing, and Planning teams to fully understand demand and supply needs and balance those against operational goals. This position will require a person that is capable of understanding the details of manufacturing processes, translating those into appropriate supply plans, and executing successfully against those plans.
- Work fluidly in a highly cross-functional team environment involving manufacturing and product development teams, as well as supply chain specialists, operations program managers, design and manufacturing engineers, and logistics personnel.
- Manage Clean to Build (CTB) for development:
- Plan and manage material readiness for prototype builds during development.
- Expedite deliveries and/or prepare risk orders as required to keep prototype builds and ramp-up on schedule.
- Monitor Contract Manufacturers Purchase Orders to ensure the inbound quantities and due dates from vendors meet build & ramp schedules.
- Act as a primary conduit for identifying and escalating supply constraints between the Contract Manufacturer, the Planning team, and Commodity Sourcing.
- Provide forecasts to contract manufacturers on a regular basis to support prototype build plan.
- Manage Clean to Build (CTB) for mass production:
- Manage risk buys with Product Development, Commodity Management and Contract Manufacturer to ensure lowest risk of excess and obsolete and highest availability of parts for early production.
- Manage product level CTB communication between Planning and Contract Manufacturer during development.
- Manage multi-sourcing in accordance with Fitbit Policies and program requirements:
- Validate the BOM according to availability and its completeness for every build.
- Work with Engineering to generate and Contract Manufacturer to execute the multi-sourcing qualification plan.
- Report periodically on status to plan.
- Manage product cost:
- Work with Product Development and Commodity Management to drive costs to lowest feasible for program.
- Maintain part level cost information and change log including justification and source of data.
- Report cost in weekly and monthly metrics forums.
- Prior to mass production, and as part of ramp-up execution, ensure the Contract Manufacturer and Fitbit Planning and Sustaining teams are prepared to manage day to day material availability, procurement and allocation. Including involvement in any outstanding material issues and any 2nd source material qualification plans.
- Perform regular supply vs. demand analysis for critical materials to identify potential supply risks and inventory exposures by aligning supply chain processes with product development project plan milestones and the mass production ramp-up plan.
- Assist with engineering change control activities.
- Generate and publish metrics of performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree. Business Administration, Supply Chain or Operations is strongly desired. A Master’s degree is a plus.
- 3 - 5+ years related experience in production, materials management, production planning, material scheduling, or purchasing in a manufacturing company.
- Strong influence and analytical skills to drive product costs down with engineering and commodity management.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously and prioritize tasks.
- Problem solving ability in cross-functional and multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to travel internationally 10-15% and to CA 5-10%.
- Creative, collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Strong work ethic, self-motivated and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, ERP systems (e.g., SAP) and product lifecycle management software (e.g., Agile, Arena)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.