At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s EMEA HQ is in Dublin, our Global HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with other locations in Singapore, Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
The Demand Planner position has a wide range of responsibilities that are focused on forecast accuracy. This position is responsible for creating a regional sell-thru forecast for Fitbit’s global businesses by utilizing trends, upcoming promotions, inventory positions, and input from sales & marketing teams. The position also entails covering Collaboration, Planning, Forecasting and Replenishment (CPFR) weekly process with key channel partners in conjunctional with the sales organization.
What You’ll Work On:
- Develop independent sell-thru forecasts by analyzing historical trends and incorporating forward-looking assumptions such as promotions and marketing initiatives
- Achieve forecast consensus with cross-functional teams by integrating new information and pushing back when new assumptions do not seem reasonable
- Monitor account/channel performance by analyzing a variety of data such as inventory, sell-thru, and sell-in actuals
- Gather and disseminate information to internal and external customers needed to make decisions and drive the business
- Work with senior leaders and functional experts to understand account/channel business problems and processes
Who You Are:
- The candidate must combine a working knowledge of world class supply chain practices, strong analytical capabilities, and business savvy.
- The candidate must be able to exert tactful influence in a matrixed organization - must be a strong team player and communicator.
- Additional requirements include the ability to both think strategically and execute tactically, a persistent attention to detail, and a high level of comfort in working with numbers.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- At least 3 (three) years of experience in supply chain
- Strong analytical skills with advanced proficiency in Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills with experience in influencing others
- Experience with CPFR
- 5+ years’ experience
- Consumer Electronics experience a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.