At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
We are looking for a SRE to help us build functional systems that improve customer experience.
Site Reliability Engineer responsibilities include deploying product updates, identifying production issues and implementing integrations that meet customer needs. If you have a solid background in software engineering and are familiar with Ruby or Python, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you will execute and automate operational processes fast, accurately and securely.
- Work with Fitbit infrastructure team and local engineering team in provisioning and managing our platform on GCP
- Implement industry's best security practice in our cloud platform (IAM, permissions, roles, policies, etc.)
- Implement and setup the network environments (VPC, load balancing, rate limiting, etc.) for optimal performance and security
- Setup and maintain an efficiency CI/CD pipeline for both backend and mobile platforms
- Implement tools and solutions for more insights into application performance and monitoring
- Participates in security exercise including thread modelling and compliance review
- Familiar with Python/Golang
- Good at database and SQL
- Experience in development tools setup (CI/CD) and automation
- Knowledge on release management is a plus
- Strong experience in managing Cloud service (AWS, GCP, etc.)
- Experience in Kubernetes a plus
- Familiar with Infrastructure as Code (e.g. Terraform, Ansible)
- Knowledge in APM (Application Performance Management) such as New Relic, Datadog, Stackdriver
- Familiar with system metrics collection and monitoring (e.g. Prometheus)
- Good at database and SQL
- Strong sense in security (e.g. mTLS, key signing, data encryption, etc.
- Problem-solving attitude
- Team spirit
- BSc in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant field
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.