At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
We are looking for a talented iOS Software Engineer eager to deliver a best-in-class mobile application. You will be directly involved in designing, developing, maintaining and enhancing the Fitbit iOS application. You will be working alongside an international team of talented and dedicated colleagues who have a common goal to help people lead healthier lives.
You will be responsible for proposing, evaluating and implementing software solutions that meet the need of the application. You will work with product managers, UI/UX designers, backend and frontend developers in order to create beautiful mobile user experiences that allow users to intuitively accomplish any task. Our mobile clients are a vital part of the user interface to the Fitbit platform.
Check out our current app on the app store: https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/fitbit/id462638897
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent work experience
- 4+ years experience in in building mobile apps for iOS
- Experience building user interfaces in Objective-C or Swift and Cocoa
- Object oriented software development experience with a solid grasp of algorithms and data structures
- Ability to improve performance via profiling guided optimization
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive API interfaces
- Experience working with databases and working with REST APIs
- Experience using a modern version control system
- Desire to work with design and product in order to define requirements
- Open minded about exploring and using new technologies
- A strong sense for when refactoring is needed
- Ability to work well in a team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluency in English is a must
- Experience building connected multi-user social features
- Experience working with Bluetooth and BLE
- Familiarity with Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Experience creating reusable components with elegant, intuitive APIs
- Expertise with Core Animation or other advanced drawing technologies
- Experience collaborating with remote team members
- Experience working closely with product management to ship features in consumer oriented software
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.