At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
We are looking for a talented storyteller and critical thinker who has a strong human-centered design process and the desire to learn and collaborate both within design and cross-functionally throughout Fitbit.
This position works closely with our product managers, researchers and engineers to solve complex problems and create engaging and original designs.
What You’ll Work On:
As an UX Designer on Devices at Fitbit, you will play a critical role in crafting the future of on-device experiences that delight our users and map to the Fitbit design system. This position requires a proven track record of digital product design, a strong knowledge of user-centered innovation and hands-on experience crafting products from inception to launch.
Qualified candidates will be required to balance user, product and business goals to deliver an amazing user experience.
What you know:
- Proven experience in designing for digital products in the consumer technology industry
- Digital prototyping skills
- Experience in user-centered design methods, exploration, storytelling and detailed interaction design
- Experience in working with cross-platform teams
- Able to solve problems ranging from the big picture to the fine details
- Advanced knowledge of information design principles
- Deep knowledge of interaction design patterns across multiple platforms
- Generative design and presentation skills
- Experience launching digital consumer products
- Able to work independently as well as in a team environment with solid collaboration skills
Who you are:
- A positive attitude, open mind, and a desire to collaborate and learn
- Empathetic and inquisitive nature
- Proactive attitude with a genuine sense of humour
- Experience designing interfaces for hardware devices
- Motion design and illustration skills
- Knowledge of visual design and typography
- History in conducting User Experience Research and working with key stakeholders
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role. Your work should demonstrate exceptional interaction design process, user-centered thinking, story-telling and your ability to solve complex design problems, as well as a visual sense.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.