At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s APAC HQ is based in Singapore with our Global HQ campus located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Dublin, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit IT - End User Computing is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as an IT Support Technician. This individual must be a seasoned IT professional capable of providing end user support and IT related tasks for Fitbit business offices across a number of local and global locations.
What You’ll Work On:
- Provides IT desktop support to the Fitbit end-user community, this includes all desktop computing hardware and software and peripherals.
- Makes timely and accurate diagnosis of system related problems and determining between hardware, software and network related problems, and work in conjunction with other IT or operations/engineering groups to provide resolution.
- Will be required to lead problem resolution activities in order to get technology incidents and problems resolved.
- Will be expected to take ownership for assigned incidents and problems, and contact required resources both inside and outside the company necessary to resolve the problem, with minimum supervision.
- Responds to request for service with experience and compliance in established time limits.
- Develops/maintains support document for use by all levels of support personnel as well as end-user documentation.
- Identifies and solves any problems that affect desktop computer operating systems and troubleshoots routine problems and maintenance of systems.
- Trains employees and orients them on how to use computer hardware and software applications.
- Maintains other relevant computer peripheral devices such as Monitors, Printers, Video teleconferencing problems.
- Supports drive imaging for desktop/laptop systems.
- Incumbent is required to travel to satellite locations as needed.
- Participates in weekly meetings with Global Service Desk staff to get updates and discuss Help Desk related matters; perform other duties as assigned.
- Committed to all components of Corporate IT availability as they will act as both an incident and problem manager for any issues impacting local or remote offices.
- Some shift work may be required and weekend work is needed for projects
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Minimum 3 years of experience in 1st/2nd/3rdlevel Corporate IT support, gained in a multi-site IT operations environment
- A+ Certification
- Proven experience of configuring and administrating servers, workstations/laptops and associated software
- Excellent problem solving skills, ability to take ownership of the work assigned, and deliver results timely, reliably and correctly
- Experience working on small projects and delivering against timelines.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and technical skills with a strong customer service orientation.
- Must be self-managed and a self-starter with a positive attitude.
- Excellent written and verbal communications capable of delivering at a senior level.
- Must have working knowledge across all the IT disciplines including hardware, software, telephony, video teleconferencing, and connectivity.
- Able to perform root cause analysis. Capable of proactively recommending effective courses of action, communicate resolution, policy and procedures to the various IT stakeholders, management, and end user population.
- Proven time management and delegation skills.
- Ability to establish strong relationships with individuals at the supervisor/team manager level.
- Must be dynamic, innovative and capable of garnering the respect and high level trust required by the help desk and IT teams for this position to be successful.
- Ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical teams
- Ability to work independently while collaborating with remote teams in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Remedy and Service Now ITSM Tools
- Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE)
- Cisco CCNA certification
- ITIL Foundation Certificate
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application installation and support
- Knowledge of server and network communications equipment, protocols (i.e. DNS and TCPIP), transmission media, security and network management practices
- Knowledge in storage and backup technologies.
- Experience with Windows 2000, XP and 2007 Server Operating systems and associated applications
- Experience working with Active Directory, domain services and back office/infrastructure application support
- Experience with Lenovo parts ordering and hardware repairs
- Experience supporting MAC OS and MAC hardware (Mac Book Air, Mac Book Pro)
- Technical Competence: Uses technical skills and experience, to meet and exceed job requirements, is in command of critical issues
- Problem Solving: Takes the initiative to identify current and potential problems and determines the best solution to these
- Organizational Effectiveness: Operates within the organization's formal and informal structures, builds allies and relationships across departments, uses allies to build consensus and create results, is appropriately diplomatic, understands others' roles and perspectives, can sell projects and get things done in a complex multi-level organization
- Effective communication: Communicates well both verbally and in writing, creates accurate and punctual reports, delivers presentations, shares information and ideas with others, listens carefully and considers what others have to say, including different viewpoints.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.