At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants, and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
Fitbit Inc. is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as a Network Engineer. Success of this role is dependent on the internal and external business relationships and ability to deliver. The role will be visible at all levels of the organization.
Who you are:
- Four years’ equivalent work experience in a position responsible for managing enterprise network infrastructure for a large scale, multisite, or multinational corporation.
- Exceptional knowledge of wide-area-network technologies, VPN, routing, switching, and security in a multi-vendor and cloud-based services environment.
- Extensive design, implementation, and operational experience with multiple firewall, routers, switches, proxy servers, application monitoring, remote access systems, and management platforms.
- Exceptional experience with secure network practices, techniques, and systems across the entire stack from layers 1-7 of the OSI model.
- Exceptional experience with enterprise network, wireless, and system monitoring, troubleshooting, and management tools.
- Operational experience using PKI, certificates, two-factor authentication, and RADIUS/TACACS+ authentication systems.
- B.S degree in computer science, information technology, a related discipline, or equivalent experience.
- Cisco CCNA, CCNP, or CCSP (Security &/or Routing & Switching & Wireless)
- Expert level understanding of network level security protocols such as IP/Sec (ESP & AH), TLS, SSL-VPN, GRE/IP, DMVPN, IKEv1 & IKEv2, ISAKMP, Diffie-Hellman, AES, and Symmetric/Asymmetric encryption methods.
- Advanced large site wiring design, switching, VLANs, routing, and security.
- Hands on experience with data center infrastructures, such as fabric switching, routing, compute, and storage area networks.
- Experience with Cisco and F5 firewalls, remote access controllers, and hardware.
- Experience with incident management, data loss prevention, operational security and standards compliance such as PCI-DSS, HIPAA, ISO 27000, and Sarbanes-Oxley.
- Vulnerability assessment, scanning, and ethical penetration testing experience.
- Cisco Prime Infrastructure implementation, management, and monitoring.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.