At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants, and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
Fitbit Inc. is looking for a dynamic individual capable of thriving in a fast paced and high pressure environment as a Systems Engineer. This individual must be a highly seasoned IT professional with end user, manufacturing and supplier management experience. Success of this role is dependant on the internal and external business relationships and ability to deliver. The role will be visible at all levels of the organization.
What You’ll Work On:
- Work closely with the Fitbit IT support team to assess and resolve escalated Manufacturing incidents.
- Participate in the IT project lifecycle, taking ownership of projects and tasks from inception through to implementation and operationalization.
- Meet with stake-holders to gather requirements and apply those requirements towards a solution that meets their needs.
- Self motivated to seek out and resolve issues.
- Eagerness to improve processes, procedures and documentation.
- Mentor, train, and educate on new and unfamiliar technologies.
- Take ownership of various IT systems and applications
- Ensure the high-availability, security, and responsiveness of the network infrastructure for a rapidly growing and evolving multinational company.
- Monitor and test system performance and ensure that business application performance meets agreed upon service levels, propose necessary changes, modifications, and system improvements.
- Plan and coordinate the implementation of system upgrades, maintenance fixes, and vendor-supplied patches.
- Recommend, evaluate, and execute modifications to system environments in order to improve efficiency, security, reliability, availability, and performance.
- Work closely with other I.T. Infrastructure, Business Applications Support, business functions, and management to establish and ensure enterprise level infrastructure support and service level agreements are met.
- Other duties as required.
Who you are:
- Expert level installing, maintaining and operating:
- VMWare vSphere infrastructure
- Microsoft Windows Certificate Authority
- Dell EMC VxRail / Hyper-converged
- Active Directory, DHCP, DNS
- Linux operating systems (Ubuntu/Debian)
- Microsoft SCCM
- Experience with PowerShell/Bash/Python
- Experience with change management
- Experience working with a globally distributed team
- Have worked with ticketing/incident management systems such as Jira and ServiceNow
- Experience defining and writing process/procedure documentation
- High degree of organization and work management skills
- Fluency in Mandarin and English (technical vernacular)
- Knowledge of systems infrastructure: storage, network, servers etc…
- Experience with HSMs
- Experience with version control systems for storing in-production code
- Experience with configuration management:
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.