At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an enthusiastic leader to join our award winning industrial design team.
You will leverage your refined design sensibility, passion for user centered design, consumer electronics know-how, and expert leadership skills to inspire your team to create considered, motivating devices that guide our users on their wellness journeys.
You will mentor a small team of talented designers, guide their career development, and foster an open and joyful team culture.
Additionally, you will champion design within Fitbit and build collaborative relationships with your colleagues in the ux, marketing, product, research, and engineering teams.
Join us in making the world a healthier place!
- Manage a team of designers
- Provide creative direction to the team, align work with design language and product vision
- Contribute to concept generation
- Work with designers to create presentation and design story decks
- Present design work internally and externally, coach designers on presentation skills
- Oversee design schedule on programs, help team prioritise work
- Works with cross functional partners to drive design vision and balance user and company needs
Required Skills & experience:
- Deep experience in the field of design and design leadership
- 8+ years designing and delivering consumer hardware products
- 2+ years leading design teams (consumer electronics experience preferred)
- Experience effectively collaborating with cross functional partners (such as marketing, product, and engineering) to drive design vision within the org
- Expertise in user-centered design methods
- Great communication skills (verbal, written, and visual)
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspire the teams you lead
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant design field, or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
- Experience designing for a health company
- Experience working on wearable or connected devices
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.