At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an exceptionally talented UX Design Manager to join our UX Design and Research team, a highly collaborative and supportive team focused on understanding users first and leading through design. As a leader within a new business unit for Fitbit, this role will require a strategic mind, great collaboration with other team leaders, and strong communication with executives and other key stakeholders. Qualified candidates will have a strong foundation in design process and design strategy.
What You’ll Work On:
As a Design Manager at Fitbit, you will be responsible for guiding and inspiring a design team to create engaging experiences for our users across multiple platforms. You will be a thought leader in design at Fitbit and within the community, and drive innovation for our products alongside product, research and engineering leaders.
This position requires a proven track record of leading product design teams and experience designing innovative digital consumer products from inception to launch.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Deep experience in the field of design and design leadership
- 10+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms
- 3+ years leading teams responsible for digital product design in the consumer technology industry
- Ability to work with business and engineering leaders to define and execute a strategy for our emerging service business unit
- Expertise in user-centered design methods
- Great communicator (verbal, written, and visual)
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspire the teams you lead
- BA/BS or MA/MS in a relevant design field, or equivalent professional experience
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
- Experience designing interfaces for a health and/or service company
- Experience working with a design strategy firm or consultancy
Candidates must share a portfolio to be considered for this role.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.