At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the Capacity Engineering team:
We foster development of high performance services by making it easy for teams to assess and manage capacity planning of their own services. The team has extremely high impact on the company. We work with every team from design to release and even budget planning with senior leadership.
What you'll work on:
Building capacity and forecast models:
- Develop and maintain statistical models of KPIs
- Develop and maintain mathematical models for infrastructure components
- Forecast major event for sizing
Automate and maintain the infrastructure budget:
- Programmatically gather time series from different data sources
- Automatically generate forecasts and reports
- Programmatically translate capacity models into budget
- Present monthly overall infrastructure budget to Sr. Management, Finance, and event business partners
Provide consulting in capacity planning across the organization:
- Help teams define metrics for measuring growth and plan the capacity of their services
- Enable service owners to understand the cost of their features
- Identify cost saving opportunities for the company
- Providing guidance for event sizing to platform and service owners
Skills, experience and knowledge that this team will rely on:
- Understanding of statistical modeling and regression analysis
- Python development
- Google Sheets (Bonus: integration APIs)
- Time series analysis
- Bonus: MySQL, BigQuery
- Bonus: Facebook Prophet
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.