At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
The Operations Program Manager for New Product Introduction will be responsible for the successful launch and ramp of Fitbit’s new products into our manufacturing partner’s factories. He/She will join the program at conception and lead the technical manufacturing and operational execution through the launch and ramp of the product.
What You’ll Work On:
- Lead the cross functional team to execute a seamless product launch including factory startup, ramp and delivery to customers. Key team members include Manufacturing Engineers, Design Engineers, Test Engineers, Reliability Engineers, Production Planning, Logistics, Marketing and Finance
- Develop pre-launch and ramp build plans with metrics that lead the team to work strategically and efficiently. Pivotal metrics are schedule, cost, quality, availability and order cycle time
- Collaborate with Suppliers and Engineering teams to develop manufacturing blueprint with process flows, floor layout, capacity model, equipment/ fixture designs, implementation schedules and validation plans prior to any Engineering build
- Establish Quality programs and Manufacturing Process Control Plans for early detection of issues and to ensure the highest level of Quality and Reliability is consistently delivered
- Represent operations with the product design teams. Use production expertise to influence and negotiate for DFX, supply chain, testability, and reducibility features
- Develop metrics to measure the team’s progress and success at deliver on commitments. Act as the Operations technical lead in communicating project readiness and identifying risks
- Take on the role of pre-production operations manager including developing build mission and schedule, hosting the daily morning meeting and driving resolution of build issues technically & operational
- Head-up technical issue resolution related to manufacturing process control and capability. Technical experience working in factories ramping operations with multiple production lines
- Develop robust processes for FA on customer returns to Synthesize Voice of Customer into both process changes and product development cycles
- Coordinate the phase out of obsolete products with the launch of new products
- 20% travel to Asia
- Passionate about team environments
- Analytical and detailed oriented; an excel Ninja
- Great written and communication skills
- Minimum 5 years of factory related experience
- Demonstrated experience in managing day to day operations
- BS in Engineering preferred
- MS in Business, Operations Management preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.