At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Are you ready for an amazing challenge in a company that is helping people every day? Fitbit is looking for a Senior Software Engineer in Test to join our growing Test team. This isn’t your everyday test team though. We’re a wearables company and a software company, and all of our products have to work together seamlessly. We have a device to mobile to site lab set up that isn’t yet reaching its full potential. We are looking for the person who will help us take it to the next level. Is it you?
We're a passionate team dedicated to health & fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
- As a Senior Software Engineer in Test in the Automation Infrastructure team, you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a seasoned, proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
What you'll work on:
- Be a part of a team that is developing our test automation infrastructure and tools
- Create designs for supporting test automation infrastructure requirements and use cases
- Assist with deploying reliable automated test cases in our CI infrastructure
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Research new hardware for programmatic use in our testing lab
- Follow test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
Who You Are:
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Proven strong understanding of Python
- Demonstrable accomplishments in the field of Test Automation
- 5+ years of total experience in Testing & Test Automation
- 3+ years experience with firmware, embedded devices or mobile devices
- Solid understanding of operating systems, data structures, networking and database fundamentals
- Experience designing components of test automation frameworks and infrastructure
- Experience with embedded automation
- Experience with mobile and site automation
- Experience with embedded communications (e.g. WiFi, Bluetooth)
- Knowledge of continuous integration tools and practices (Jenkins)
- Experience with the following: GraphQL, Angular JS, Espresso, XCUITest, C, C++, Java
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.