Fitbit Summary & Culture
Fitbit, founded in 2007 by James Park and Eric Friedman is now over 1800 employees globally and is headquartered in San Francisco. Our mission is to make everyone in the world healthier through solutions that combine devices, community, and data resulting in great health outcomes for people on their health and fitness journey. Fitbit employees bring a mission-driven mindset as we continue to innovate across the broader health ecosystem.
Vision for the Role
We are looking for a Director of Product & Content Strategy who will lead the evolution of a new product content strategy for Fitbit, spearheading initiatives to drive consumer acquisition, engagement and retention through content. You’ll build upon Fitbit’s existing position as a trusted fitness and health and wellness destination to establish and drive a content roadmap tied to broader business goals.
In this key role, you will establish a strategy that includes an approach to buying/building/partnering with a focus on the customer and their journey on Fitbit. You will build a team as necessary to execute on this strategy and be responsible for identifying and sourcing 3rd Party Content as necessary.
This is a hands-on strategic content expert, partnering with UX design, engineering, and user research teams to ensure a smooth content development and delivery process. The successful candidate will be responsible for driving the content direction, managing execution of the content production with in-house teams and partnering with external partners to license or syndicate content.
What You’ll Work On:
- Building on Fitbit’s current content assets from Fitbit coach, challenges etc, build a cohesive content portfolio.
- Exercise and Wellness Curriculum working, working with industry experts
- Driving behavior change - science of diet and turning it into exercise
- Drive content strategy for Fitbit, spearheading content initiatives to ultimately drive consumer engagement, acquisition and retention.
- Build, lead and evangelize the multi-year content roadmap including areas below:
- Melding, Fitbit-generated and 3rd party content to build the next generation Fitbit Coach
- Apply machine-learning and personalization technology
- Build content to drive user engagement in key segments
- Use content as a method to empower customers and increase product adoption.
- Work cross-functionally to build a world-class content that tells a compelling story in the health and wellness space
Who you are:
- 12+ years content strategy experience with a track record of driving a content roadmap from internally managed content to licensed content in a mobile, software and agile environment
- Track record of developing and executing on a content strategy & growing a user-base i.e especially engaging a targeted user base
- Experience growing and managing a team
- Impeccable written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Knowledge of social media and digital trends tied to driving audience growth
- Passionate about Fitbit products and creating connected communities
- Experience working closely with Engineering and Design teams to envision and execute on a product vision
- Analytically driven mindset, ability to both set vision and lead a team against a vision
- Proven leadership capabilities including strategy development, effective decision making, and the ability to drive results
- Self-motivated, self-directed, and able to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work cross-functionally with a distributed team across Engineering, UX and ID Design, Customer Success, Marketing
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.