Platform Partnerships Manager
Join a company that literally transforms people! Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness, empowering and inspiring people to lead healthier, more active lives. We’re seeking a Marketing Manager to execute platform partnerships with fitness, health and lifestyle brands. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Director of Platform Partnerships. At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit’s Partnerships team is responsible for supporting business growth goals via brand and product partnerships. The Partnerships team is seeking a savvy Marketing Manager to execute platform partnership programs reporting directly to the Director of Platform Partnerships.
● Manage day to day of platform partnerships that align with Fitbit’s brand, marketing, product and business goals
● Create, maintain and communicate partnership programs and timelines across various phases of partnerships
● Develop outreach by prospecting and prioritizing key targets including development of program pitch and delivery
● Maintain and foster existing accounts and identify opportunities for growth
● Work cross-functionally with legal, marketing, product, engineering, and sales teams
● Responsible for delivering defined ROI, key learnings, reporting and evaluation of partnership impact to drive market share growth, brand awareness and revenue targets
● Utilize understanding of current trends, patterns, and events in health/fitness industry as well as wearable category to optimize partnership opportunity and growth
● Track partner development status; communicate cross-functionally to ensure visibility throughout the program lifecycle during the execution & launch phase
● Drive partnerships using ongoing iteration/optimization to expand reach, drive user acquisition, achieve revenue or other predetermined partnership goals
● Improve transparency, enablement, and coordination across internal groups via proactive & timely communication
What you bring to the role:
● 5-7 years experience in partner management, b2b or consumer marketing
● Fluency in sale and marketing funnel and tools–from strategy, prospecting, lead-gen, nurturing, proposal development, negotiation, to deal close
● Understand API’s and have fluency with data access partnerships
● Understand SDK’s and App ecosystem; have fluency with underlying technology and market dynamic
● Organized, detail-oriented team player
● Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
● Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment including driving collaboration with internal and external stakeholders
● Very strong social and relationship building skills and a skilled negotiator
● Creatively proficient -must create/deliver highly impactful presentations
● Must be a self-motivated and energetic person that works/plays well with others
● Demonstrated experience and passion for health, diet and fitness activities and/or causes
● Entrepreneurial mindset
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses. San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.