At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Does working at the intersection of IoT, Cloud-everything, and leading a small, diverse team of design and systems technologists hit at perfect 10 for the direction you’d like to move your career next? Do others see you as someone who goes deep into anything tech, and broad into all corners of the business? Do you thrive on teamwork, helping others be successful, while still being able to get very hands-on every day?
Fitbit is looking for a unique individual to lead a unique technology and design team within the Customer Support organization. You’ll be responsible for much of the core Customer Support technology stack, including the CRM, telephony, chat and Advocate (our term for agent) diagnostics tools integration to the CRM. In addition, you’ll own the technology and operational stacks that run help.fitbit.com.
You’ll drive the Customer Support Technology Roadmap, and collaborate with Ops and other functional leaders to weave technology into a leading-edge, low-effort customer support experience that’s used by tens of millions of customers speaking 11 languages in more than 60 countries around the world.
You’ll be a thought leader, both within Customer Support and across other engineering and product teams. You’ll also be a mentor, coach and champion to the Customer Support Tools team that spans experience design through software development and system administration. This is an intensely technical role which requires technology understanding of cloud CRM, telephony, mobile apps, network ops and more. It is also a role that requires thinking and interactions with business leaders daily.
You’ll work directly for the VP of Customer Service, and collaborate closely with other Customer Support functions including Operations, Training, Documentation, Product Specialists and Strategy / Lean Improvement teams. You will also collaborate closely with other Fitbit technology teams, including product, platform and IT.
- Own the high-level Customer Support technology roadmap.
- Collaborate with cross-functional product teams to ensure tools and information feeds for product and subscription troubleshooting are designed, developed, deployed and integrated for efficient use across the Customer Support landscape.
- Maintain and monitor the operational readiness of the Customer Support technology stack 24/7/365.
- Be a coach and mentor to individual team members in their unique career paths.
- Be available and flexible in working with off-shore technical team members.
- Guide the system architecture to ensure optimized risk and longevity.
- Bring a Customer First passion to everything you do, including supporting frontline team needs and striving to design and deliver systems that provide low-effort customer support experiences.
- Own the technology spend, and manage to a budget.
- Be hands-on when individual team members need help resolving technology architecture, implementation or operational service disruptions.
- In collaboration with Fitbit Security, own responsible for platform security, including technology configuration, administrative policies, and maintenance of threat awareness and staff training.
- Guide in the evaluation and on-boarding of new vendors, integrations, packages, and technology service partners. Own regular relationship reviews with strategic partners.
- Own an agile process used to specify and deliver new functionality.
- Collaborate with the Global Operations Analytics team to provide data feeds and access to analytics data within the Customer Support technology stack.
- At least 10 years of technology development and management experience, including at least 3 years of direct people management.
- Hands-on cloud-based CRM technology stack experience, including at least 5 years with Salesforce Service Cloud.
- Knowledge of design thinking and best practices, including customer experience, journey mapping and customer research.
- Experience leading design / deployment of large-scale multi-language/country CRM projects.
- A solid understanding of Customer Support processes and operations at scale.
- Deep hands-on experience with agile methodology and tools, including Jira and Confluence.
- Exceptionally strong oral and written communication skills, capable of presenting to both internal and external executives.
- Ability to brainstorm and champion new ideas to the appropriate stakeholders, coordinating with multiple teams.
- Detail-focused, accountable and willing to take on the challenge of supporting great tools used by thousands of Customer Support staff and tens of millions of customers.
- Plays well with others – you’ll be collaborating directly with several key stakeholders and many different teams both within Customer Support and across Fitbit. Bring your confidence and passion, be able to check your ego.
- Demonstrated problem solving aptitude, including working with others to quickly reach sustainable and cost-effective resolutions.
- Be approachable to anyone.
- Prior experience with Five9, Khoros, ETL tools, Machine Learning / AI is preferred.
- Excellent teamwork skills, flexibility, and ability to handle multiple concurrent tasks.
- Experience and passion for identifying ways to do things better and a sense of ownership that leads to the creation and implementation of new or better methods and practices.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, operations, MIS, MBA or related discipline, or significant equivalent number of years’ work experience.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.