At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,800 employees, sold over 100mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app, and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Join a company that literally transforms people! Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness, empowering and inspiring people to lead healthier, more active lives. We’re seeking a rockstar Director, Platform Partnerships candidate to help drive overall growth of Fitbit’s developer platform and manage new and existing partner integrations/relationships with complimentary companies. The successful candidate will focus on growth of the platform through partnerships and have the ability to quickly understand new and emerging technologies. They will be as comfortable working through API details with our product managers, as she/he is presenting a go to market partnership strategy to the leadership team. This position is based in San Francisco and reports to the Sr Director, Strategic Partnerships.
- Build world-class partner ecosystem to support Fitbit product and services business
- Define, drive and monetize worldwide partnership opportunities with Fitbit Product Management, KPIs and objectives to support Fitbit growth
- Identify, build, and manage your own pipeline of app relations to leverage Fitbit platform
- Negotiate, structure and execute relevant deals
- Manage day to day of Platform partnerships that align with Fitbit’s brand, product and business goals
- Manage existing partnerships and research and develop innovative opportunities for growth
- Work cross-functionally with legal, marketing, product, and engineering teams when needed
- Responsible for delivering defined ROI, key learning’s, reporting and evaluation of partnership impact to drive market share growth, brand awareness and incremental sales
- Identify opportunities for 3rd party partners to market Fitbit products and services to their users and work to optimize the integrations and communicate best practices that can be scaled across a range of partners.
- Strong understanding of current trends, patterns, and events in health/fitness industry
- BS or MBA preferred.
- Experience creating and implementing programs that drive revenue growth and new user value
- At least 7-10 years of managing and nurturing mobile technology partnership alliances
- Understanding of iOS and Android platform capabilities and other mobile companies partner programs
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills.
- Comfortable speaking about API’s, SDKs and fluency with data access partnerships
- Organized, detail oriented team player
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Very strong social and relationship building skills and a smart negotiator
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Must be a self-motivated and energetic person that works/plays well with others
- Demonstrated experience and passion for health, diet and fitness activities and/or causes
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.