Reports to: SVP Design, Jonah Becker
Location: San Francisco, Ca
Fitbit is looking for an exceptionally sharp, inspiring, and experienced Head of Global UX Design who can lead the vision and delivery of our consumer and enterprise product experiences across devices, mobile, and services. The right design leader understands that a great culture is the foundation of doing great work, and you build trust, inspire, and connect.
You'll lead a team of passionate design leaders and product designers in the US and Europe to create the next generation of experiences that will guide our customers on their personal health journeys. You will build strong relationships and collaborate closely with leaders across Design, Product Management, Engineering, Marketing, and Research.
This role offers the opportunity to lead Fitbit UX Design across all platforms, to create a beautiful, engaging, seamless, and effective experience. And in doing so, you will help us deliver on our mission to make everyone in the world healthier.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Lead and evangelize a UX vision for all Fitbit product experiences.
- Ensure UX teams are “set up for success” in the execution of both roadmap and advanced concept initiatives.
- Manage executive and stakeholder alignment to drive a common UX vision that supports the Product Roadmap.
- Evolve and strengthen a world-class design culture that is inspiring, innovative, diverse, supportive, growth-oriented, and unified.
- Recruit, nurture and retain top-tier talent.
- Guiding conceptual designs through to launch and optimizing post-launch for positive end-user feedback & adoption
Who you are:
- You have 15+ of years experience designing and delivering user-centered, engaging experiences across a range of platforms and can demonstrate the success and impact of your efforts for both users and business.
- Including 7+ years of management experience, including experience leading large design teams of 20+ people within a cross functional organization.
- A leader who people want to follow. You build trust, inspire, and mentor designers and design managers.
- A leader who possesses deep knowledge of user-centered design methods, experience working in design systems, and a highly refined visual design sensibility.
- A great communicator (verbal, written, and visual) who has the ability to influence and build consensus both within a design team and with executive stakeholders across the company.
- An exceptional partner and collaborator who builds strong relationships with partners across functions.
- You understand that great design adds value both for our customers and our business, and you are able to integrate business requirements into design strategy and processes.
- A track record of and experience planning, managing and mapping organizational budgets.
- You are a recognized leader in the design industry who promotes design internally as well as across the broader professional and academic design community.
- Experience with modern software, devices, or services is a must.
- BA/BS and/or MA/MS in a relevant design field
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.