At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the Fitbit Health Coach Role
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Fitbit’s Health Solutions Team is seeking a Certified Health Coach to deliver health and wellness coaching to our clients’ participants. Our clients include employers, health plans, and health systems.This position reports to the Senior Manager, Clinical Partnerships, and is remote, although we will consider candidates who seek to work out of our Boston or San Francisco offices.
A Fitbit Health Coach is passionate about the power of health coaching to transform participants’ lives. You will work directly with Fitbit participants to help them manage and improve conditions like diabetes and hypertension, as well as more general wellness goals around stress, sleep, and feeling your best. As a Fitbit Health Coach, you’ll have the opportunity to provide feedback on and design the human health coaching service and digital coaching platform.
- Come to work every day with a positive attitude, such that participants are delighted and look forward to engaging with you.
- Clearly and enthusiastically communicate the benefits and “what’s in it for me?” of participating in Fitbit Health Coaching to participants
- Assist participants through the enrollment process, including helping participants to download the Fitbit Plus mobile app and navigate it successfully.
- Listen deeply to, and empathize and connect with participants to continuously build rapport and trust.
- Provide education, coaching curriculum, and coaching to help participants identify their motivations, craft wellness visions, and build care plans made of bite-sized behavior changes that will help them achieve their long-term goals.
- Review and update medications, medical history, and lab results, as well as meticulously document participant interactions, including phone calls and in-app messaging.
- Leverage the Fitbit Care coaching platform to proactively communicate with participants, efficiently monitor incoming health data, track progress to behavior change goals, and provide insights to participants.
- Manage an active caseload of >300 participants at a time, with primarily digital and some telephonic interactions.
- Provide feedback and ask questions related to the human health coaching service and digital health coaching platform to help us make improvements to the participant and coach experiences.
- Collaborate with the Clinical Operations, Customer Support, Account Management, and Product Teams to communicate new coaching best practices.
- Some travel may occasionally be required to meet with clients and participants onsite during health fairs, screening events, and coaching launches.
- Certified Health Coach from an accredited organization approved by NBHWC
- 4-year college degree in health sciences required, with minimum 1 year of health coaching experience, or related experience, such as a Registered Dietitian, Exercise Physiologist, Nurse Case Manager, etc.
- Trained in Motivational Interviewing, Appreciative Inquiry, etc.
- Must be confident in using and explaining technology, ie, use of apps and devices to supplement coaching
- Experience delivering digital health coaching
- Experience working with chronic condition management, such as diabetes, hypertension, weight management, etc. is a plus
- Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) is a plus
- Organized, detail oriented team player with an ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment and a fast learner for unfamiliar areas
- Self-motivated and enthusiastic person that has a desire to motivate and encourage others towards better health.
- Comfortable and confident in working through ambivalence and resistance with participants
- Passion for health and fitness industry, and stays up to date with current trends and patterns
- Very strong social and relationship building skills
- Comfortable making cold calls and talking to new people all day
- Excellent customer service skills to calmly and professionally resolve participant concerns with coaching and/or technology
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Must be open to feedback and have a desire to continuously learn and grow
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.