Fitbit Summary and Culture
Fitbit, founded in 2007 by James Park and Eric Friedman is now over 1800 employees globally and is headquartered in San Francisco. Our mission is to make everyone in the world healthier through solutions that combine devices, community, and data resulting in great health outcomes for people on their health and fitness journey. Fitbit employees bring a mission-driven mindset as we continue to innovate across the broader health ecosystem.
Scope and Responsibilities
- Overall product responsibility for Fitbit OS, Fitbit's on-device wearable OS
- Fitbit OS is the SW platform across all of Fitbit’s wearable portfolio (watches and trackers)
- Key features of the OS include power management for multi-day battery life, health sensor hub management, UI for developing good health and fitness habits, and a wearable app development environment.
- Own the overall wearable OS strategy for Fitbit. Will regularly interact with senior leadership of the company, including the co-founders.
- Work with internal teams on competitive analysis, market and user research and advanced R&D to identify product opportunities
- Work with hardware, software and design teams to craft amazing user experiences
- Member of the senior devices product leadership team.
Core device PM requirements
- Insight into industry and technology trends
- Uses competitive analysis, market research and user needs to synthesize a product strategy and roadmap across multiple years
- Passion for and track record delivering excellent user experiences
- Relies on metrics and concrete results to define success
- Ruthlessly prioritizes work to ensure timely delivery of products
- Natural collaborator with engineering and design to drive product definition and priorities
- Strong written, verbal and presentation communication skills
- Technical experience with software for embedded systems
- Delivered end-to-end strategy → roadmap → launch of software products
- Managed and grown a team of PMs
- 10+ years experience in a fast paced dynamic environment
Nice to Have
- Track record shipping multiple consumer devices using an open SW platform
- Built and managed developer ecosystems
- Worked with external partners to deliver a “whole product”
- Managed distributed teams and remote sites
- Public spokesperson experience
- Worked with Linux and AOSP.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.