At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
As a Senior Compensation Analyst reporting to the Sr Manager, Compensation, you will work closely with the Total Rewards team to guide and improve compensation-related processes and programs. You will use your abilities with analysis, data-building and data integrity to ensure accuracy, competitiveness and insights in support of our global People Strategy.
We are looking for someone with tech-company experience who is excellent at conducting detailed compensation and job analyses, has strong communication skills and can handle multiple projects simultaneously. We need someone who thrives in a dynamic environment, can work in the grey and is results-driven.
This role will be based in our new Salt Lake City office and will work in close partnership to the Total Rewards team based in San Francisco.
What You’ll Work On:
- Provide guidance through data creation, analytics, reporting, insights and auditing for client groups across the company
- Take the lead on global job leveling, and keeping job architecture and job-related criteria current
- Participate in the annual compensation planning cycle, including data preparation, testing, and auditing
- Responsible for compensation recommendations on business-related job changes such as internal transfers, conversions and relocations
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to level and map jobs for offers
- Partner with HR Business Partners on job leveling and compensation recommendations
- Manage Fitbit’s job catalogue including job creation, mass data loads and updates
- Complete annual benchmarking of all global Fitbit jobs and run data insights based on results
- Evaluate and participate in global compensation surveys and market trends surveys
- Develop department process-improving workflows and procedures
- Offer data-based insights on market intelligence and trends
- Manage and respond to comp-related inquiries via the inbox
- Ensure data integrity of compensation-related data in HRIS
- Manage and communicate compensation daily operations, tasks, and roadblocks
- Contribute to the global HR team on special projects and assignments as required
- Advanced-level Excel skills
- Exceptional quantitative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including interpersonal and presentation skills
- Expert-level job evaluation skills
- Ability to exercise good judgment and handle confidential information with discretion
- Strong teamwork skills required as well as the ability to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment
- Aptitude for balancing multiple priorities with strong organization and prioritization skills
- Autonomous, self-directed, detail and results-oriented individual with a high commitment to quality
Education: A Bachelor’s degree in business, human resources or a related field, or equivalent. CCP a plus
Experience: 4-6 years of related experience in a compensation role within a technology company. Prior compensation survey experience is a must. Experience with Aon Radford Global Technology Survey desired. Workday Compensation module experience a plus. Knowledge of project management and/or digital communications tools preferred.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.