At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products and programs. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
The Social Media Manager is a key member of our Media team, responsible for the strategy, execution, and performance of campaigns across all social media platforms. This role requires a combination of creativity, strategic thinking, and execution.
You will own and enhance Fitbit’s social media strategy, developing creative content campaigns to amplify the Fitbit brand and drive brand loyalty and engagement. We've built a large, engaged social media audience and are looking for a strategic storyteller to bring the Fitbit brand to life to drive engagement and more meaningful relationships with our social media community – taking our social media presence to the next level.
The right candidate will be an expert in content creation and storytelling, with a strong understanding of how to engage audiences across various social channels. This is an amazing opportunity to lead social media for a world-class brand across multiple channels. They will also be comfortable with measurement and analytics, and able to leverage that knowledge to shape and inform our communications efforts to be more effective in delivering measurable results.
This role will manage one direct report, and work closely with a wide cross-functional team.
- Oversee the strategy, execution, and performance of all social media platforms (Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, Pinterest, etc.)
- Lead social media team and manage a social media coordinator
- Coordinate social media community management in partnership with internal customer service team
- Partner with internal creative team to develop content
- Coordinate with cross-functional teams to identify content opportunities (PR, partnership, influencer, and ambassador relationships)
- Oversee social media analysis, measurement, and reporting
- 5+ years of social media marketing experience
- Demonstrated track record of creating and executing successful social campaigns that achieve specific communications objectives effectively and efficiently across variety of platforms (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Snapchat, TikTok)
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
- Use of social media tools (e.g. Sprinklr, Percolate, Sysomos, HootSuite, etc.)
- Familiarity with social listening tools (e.g. Crimson Hexagon, Adobe Social, etc.)
- Highly self-directed and resourceful with the ability to work independently
- A creative disposition; able to partner with Creative and Production teams and speak the same language
- Personable and flexible with demands and changes in extremely fast-moving business environment
- Strong writing, editing and project management skills
- Global social media management experience a strong plus
- Hands-on experience with content production (photography, animation, video, copy, etc)
- Experience with health/wellness, fitness, or consumer electronics industries a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.