Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
At Fitbit Shanghai, China
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Failure Analysis Engineer will be a core member of NPD（New product development）, In this visible and critical role you will work closely with Design, Engineering, Quality and executive leadership to bring your knowledge to high quality product .
What You’ll Work On:
- Failure analysis execution of reliability and NPI line for critical issue, in Root Cause Analysis of issues affecting or potentially affecting product quality
- Document process for planning, tracking, reporting, and prioritizing FA
- Review failure analysis reports to ensure results are of appropriate quality and can easily be understood.
- Identify opportunities for improvements in product quality, reliability, manufacturability.
- Work with Engineering, Operations and Quality teams to create data which drives corrective action to reduce field failure rates
- Write clear, logic and complete failure analysis report with actionable messages digestible to multiple audiences, Transfer data to information, Transfer information to decision
- Work with CM FA team to develop and standardize Failure Analysis procedures for new products and existing products
- Improve time to root cause and time to corrective actions
- Support EFFA team to reduce field failure rates
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with US and China teams.
- 5+ years failure analysis experience
- Bachelor’s degree or greater in Mechanical engineering, electrical engineering, material or Physic
- Consumer product experience (Smart Watch/Smart phone …..)
- Experience with FA tool, such as SEM/CT/EDS/Cross section/C-Sam/Red-Dye/X-Ray
- Supplier management skill
- Influencing others, leading teams to improve time to root cause and corrective actions
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver
- Project management skill
- Experience with ODM, JDM, or CM models of failure analysis.
- Experience working in a laboratory environment
- Experience with Design of Experiment and Statistical Data Analysis
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.