At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
Candidate must submit a portfolio to be considered for this position (please include password)
Fitbit's is looking for visual designers who have a passion for doing good in the world, designing for small screens, and making beautifully crafted interactive experiences around health and fitness. At Fitbit, we believe we can make a positive impact on our user’s daily lives.
As a Visual Designer for the Design Systems Team, you will be part of a team dedicated to building and evolving the visual design language of Fitbit to be used across the Design org.
This position requires hands-on experience working to solve complex visual design problems. Qualified candidates will have a strong foundation in visual design thinking, strong visual craft and knowledge of the design process.
- Design compelling visuals for both mobile and wearables
- Craft system level design elements – iconography, type, color, components, templates
- Help other teams implement and extend our visual design system
- Create and define production assets and maintain sharp eye for quality
- Ensure the assets are implemented in a way that looks great and functions properly, and troubleshoot with the design teams as well as program manager(s) and UI engineers, as needed
- Establish and maintain healthy working relationships with internal organizational partners including Product and Engineering
Required Skills and Experience:
- Experience defining, developing and executing visual design systems for products at scale
- A great eye and passion for visual design
- Expert in typography, color, composition, texture, and visual design
- Deeply knowledgeable of, and proactive in driving, the latest trends in visual and interactive design
- Exceptional communication skills – verbal, written, and experience engaging with stakeholders, executive leadership, customers, business analysts, and media representatives
- Exceptional collaborator with product management, engineering, user research, content team and all facets of design to ensure a smooth product development process
- Incredible design skills and product sense that inspires the teams you lead
- 3+ years designing and delivering interactive experiences across a range of platforms
- Passion for Fitbit’s mission
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.