At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit’s People Team is seeking an experienced and energetic Sr. Director - HR Business Partner, to work alongside some of our most senior R&D leaders. The ideal candidate will be confident at the strategic level with an eye for detail and flair for operationalizing tactical tasks. Fitbit’s People Team is chartered to drive our employee success, partnering with our leaders to deliver the best people outcomes in support of our mission to make everyone in the world healthier. This is a full-time role located in our downtown San Francisco office, reporting to the SVP, People.
How you will Contribute?
As an integral part of the client/business leadership team, you will develop and execute our people strategy in alignment with the business strategy, collaborating to define and implement programs focused on organization design and effectiveness, culture & engagement, talent enablement, workforce planning, and retention.
In this role you will work closely with the most senior executives and their staff, along with people team operations and centers of excellence, and be a driver of inclusive, diverse and mission-led culture.
How you will do your best work:
- Be a strategic business partner, trusted advisor, influencer and coach to the executive and senior leadership of our R&D groups which include the CTO organization, Engineering, Product Management and Design.
- Be comfortable challenging the status quo to create results for impact, leading others and navigating through ambiguity and change.
- By looking around corners and balancing the short term and long term impact on programs, initiatives and decisions.
- Partner with the business leaders around people management, career development, performance coaching for impact
- hCollaborate with People COEs to develop and implement programs that help Fitbit achieve business results and increase employee engagement.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition to attract, hire and onboard talent to help fitbit achieve our goals.
- Work across our people manager community to support their growth as effective leaders and be great coaches for their employees.
- Help leadership develop diverse teams and foster an inclusive environment
- Provide consulting and be a trusted advisor to client groups leading with data and insight to diagnose needs, designing and deploying strategies to increase team effectiveness and maximize business results.
- Partner with People Operations and our international People team to deliver seamless human resources processes and programs across the global organizations. Create and leverage our People programs, policies, processes and systems.
- Collaborate with our Employment Relations and legal teams to promote strong employee relations practice and policy.
- Leverage data and analytics to improve people practices and bring valuable insights to the business.
You are inspired by:
- Making the world healthier through technology, data and community
- Working with amazing people, who are committed to changing people’s lives for the better
- Helping the best, diverse candidates Find their Fit with us
- A close knit team that works, plays, celebrates and challenges one another
To #FindYourFit with us, you need to have several years of experience, preferable 15 years with strategic HR business partner experience. You have a strong record of leading authentically, building trusting relationships and creating highly engaged teams. It would be a strong advantage if you can demonstrate your ability to communicate and influence at executive levels. Strategic thinking, business acumen, consulting, coaching and analytical skills are a requirement.
What you will bring:
- 15 years of broad HR experience including HR generalist experience and at least 10 years of Senior/Strategic Business Partner experience. Strong preference of working with global teams. Experience working with R&D organizations is a plus.
- Strong business and HR acumen-ability to align people programs with business needs.
- Experience successfully operating in a fast moving organization
- Proven successful track record crafting and deploying people strategies particularly around Employee Engagement, Talent Planning and Leader development
- Proven ability to understand strategic organizational issues and influence change
- Strong facilitation skills: For example - facilitating meetings, decisions, programs or change efforts
- Experience in a global organization collaborating with international HR partners and business teams
- Track record of successfully supporting various business groups and all levels of leadership in the organization
- Passion for working with data to provide valuable insights to business leaders
- Excellent communication skills to all levels of leadership
- Strong relationship management skills
- Proven experience designing and deploying successful OD interventions
- Ability to prioritize and execute on key objectives; with a bias for action and delivering results
- Exemplary problem solving, judgment and resilience
- Thrives in a fast-paced and often demanding environment
- BA in HR or Business Management or related field or equivalent work experience; Masters degree in Organizational Psychology/Organizational Development/Business Administration and SPHR a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.