At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
This position reports to the Manager of Business Planning for the Americas Region. The Senior Business Planner will collaborate with the Sales Team and cross-functional Business Partners to develop POS and Shipment forecasts using historical data, customer insights, marketplace trends and promotional plans. The Senior Business Planner will own a specific division of the business, whose forecasts will be rolled into a regional forecast that is used to drive key business decisions within the company. The Senior Business Planner will also own region-specific deliverables and operate as a subject matter expert in various forecast related areas.
What You’ll Work On:
- Own the bottom-up forecasting process for key customer accounts
- Collaborate with the Sales Team and both internal and external business partners to develop POS forecasts and create Shipment forecasts based on WOS targets and On-Hand inventory needs
- Conduct weekly/monthly forecast reviews, providing key insights to forecasts trends, risks and opportunities
- Ad hoc analysis to identify sales opportunities and risks
- Refine business processes to optimize task efficiencies and improve forecast accuracy
- Manage monthly bottom-up/top-down forecast reconciliation process
- Bachelor’s degree and/or 5+ years of experience in Sales Forecasting, Demand Planning, or FP&A with a consumer packaged goods company, preferably in electronics
- Highly analytical: showcases an intellectual curiosity with attention to detail on all projects and deliverables, ability to independently troubleshoot and root cause problems
- Ability to extract, manipulate, and analyze data sets to understand basic statistics
- Highly productive: works with limited oversight on a day to day basis
- Expert multi-tasker and prioritizer: experience (and preferably an enjoyment of) balancing numerous different priorities and demands.
- Consumer-first and positive thinker: motivated to work hard in a fast-paced environment producing high quality work and projecting a positive attitude
- Advanced Microsoft Excel proficiency
- Experience working with a Sales & Marketing organization
- Experience managing direct reports
- Knowledge of forecasting systems
- Experience with advanced visualization tools like Tableau and prior Marketing/Finance analytics experience a plus
- Master’s degree or related equivalent
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.