At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Senior Data Engineer
What will you do?
As a Senior Data Engineer at Fitbit part of Customer Support (CS) Analytics , you will come on to a small team and immediately make a concrete impact on the growth of the business. You will be responsible for scaling CS data infrastructure, optimizing data pipelines and key data tools, as well as enabling robust business and customer analytics on telematics datasets warehoused by the company.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Design and implement data models to support analytical use-cases
- Build large scale tabular datasets from structured and semi-structured data from various customer support data sources
- 100% Data infrastructure development. Building out ETL pipelines and stream processing architectures.
- Daily Responsibilities - 90% Hands On + 10% Mentor Duties
Required Skills & Experience
- 4+ years of Engineering experience, preferably Data Engineering
- BS in computer science or related field
- Experience building End-to-End production data pipelines to support product use-cases
- Data modeling - structured (SQL) and unstructured data (NoSQL)
- Big Data Processing technologies (Spark, Kafka, Flink, etc.)
- Hive or Presto
- Python, PySpark
- AWS cloud services (EC2, Redshift, etc.)
- Airflow or Oozie (any workflow processing engine)
Desired Skills & Experience
- Hands-on experience working with DevOps, CI/CD
- Prior experience at a start-up
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.