At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What we're looking for:
Fitbit is looking for a UX Research Coordinator / Operations Manager to join our UX Design and Research team! This is a great opportunity to join an exceptional team of researchers and designers that is shaping our current and next generation products.
Our ideal candidate will be able to understand and anticipate the ongoing needs of our UX research and design team, and help to remove roadblocks to ensure we are able to do the best work possible every day. You will be exceptionally organized and comfortable in a fast paced environment.
What you'll work on:
- Identify and recruit participants for a variety of research studies based on design and research needs
- Manage all participant communication and scheduling
- Arrange locations/facilities and prepare materials for all research projects
- Identify and manage research vendors and resources
- Create and maintain systems and platforms to help our research team stay efficient and productive, such as research archives, a participant database and other systems/tools as necessary.
- Day to day responsibilities for this role will be split roughly between 75% participant recruiting and 25% team operations and coordination
- At least three to five years of experience coordinating research projects and resources as part of an agency, research consultancy, or product/tech company
- Experience with participant recruitment
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Excited to work in a scrappy, independent fashion and seek out information to move projects forward
- Self-starter who is able to identify gaps and opportunities to create more efficient processes
- Software expertise with Google apps and the usual PPT, Word and Excel
- Interest and passion for people and cultures
Nice to have:
- Degree related to human behavior or cognition is a bonus (psychology, anthropology, etc.)
- Experience with research specific software such as survey tools, mobile ethnography tools, etc.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.