At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90mm devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for an SDET to join our growing Firmware Test team. As a SDET you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Create automated test tools to reduce manual test execution time
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Work with other engineers to increase manual and automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile test environment
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Python or equivalent language
- 5+ years of total experience in QA/Testing & Test Automation
- 1+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
- Previous experience with Unix operating systems and networking
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have:
- Previous experience building automation infrastructure
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
- Exposure to the Rust programming language
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.