At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for everything regarding functional testing of all new and legacy Fitbit products, ensuring the very best experience for our users in the smallest possible device size.
What You’ll Work On:
- Build functional test expertise within Fitbit’s Test Engineering and Manufacturing Team
- Support, define & design the testing of hardware for new and legacy products’
- Collaborate closely with EE during new product bring-up to understand product performance and test metrics with the goal of transitioning to a factory environment
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering groups: compliance, ME, EE
- Define test methods for evaluating product performance while understanding the differing environments and goals of QA, DVT and Manufacturing Test
- Collaborate closely within the Test Engineering group on production test fixtures to ensure good functional test coverage and reproducible results
Who you are:
- Must have 8 or more years of testing engineering experience
- Develop test software in LabView and/or TestStand
- Ability to design testing road map, plan and implement to schedule
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment as well as volume manufacturing
- Experience in functional test development for PCBA and system level.
- Experience in test and measurement instrumentation and manufacturing test system design.
- RF and/or audio manufacturing test hardware and software experience is highly desirable
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Some travel (about 25% but could be higher at times) to CMs in Asia is expected. This is typically during major events such as EVT, DVT & PVT.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Ability to have fun & enjoy the job as well as the company
- BSEE or BS in Computer Science. MS preferred
- Solid knowledge in functional test development
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.