- Supplier Quality Engineering Team
The Supplier Quality Manager will perform CM/Supplier audits & development in all areas of product quality and quality system from supplier selection, part qualification and quality issue resolution from product development to sustaining phases on components both at Contract Manufacturers (CM) and Component Suppliers. The role will report directly to the Asia SQE team leader and working closely with component suppliers and project teams in Asia and US.
Purpose of Position:
- Define and establish processes, procedures, and systems to enable the outsourced manufacturing (CM) and suppliers of Fitbit products to achieve best in class quality products.
- Provide necessary training and support for developing and managing the CM/suppliers of Fitbit products.
- To support in all supplier qualification endeavors including on-site supplier quality audits and supplier technical reviews.
- To support assigned suppliers to meet and/or exceed Fitbit quality performance standards and our customer's product quality expectations by investigating, analyzing and resolving supplier quality problems at NPI and sustaining phases.
Major Roles and Responsibilities:
- Serves as a key quality interface with Operations, Product Development, Engineering, Supplier Development Management and Commodity Management on components.
- Manages quality conformity of supplies via active monitoring of the supplier performance and driving the incident and complaint resolution.
- Ensures quality conformity of supplies via active monitoring of the supplier performance and take corrective actions (incident, complaint handling), including supplier audits and follow up on system failures.
- Lead efforts to shape and deploy common approaches and working methods to drive component suppliers.
- Determines quality improvement parameters by identifying statistical methods relevant to manufacturing
- Establishes statistical confidence by identifying sample size and acceptable error; determining levels of
- Feedback the Contract Manufacturing production problem to the key component supplier for the failure analysis and corrective actions.
- Provides direction to the Suppliers to ensure their processes and production controls are appropriate and accurately
- Manages corrective actions and process improvements throughout the supply
- Analyzes data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests.
- Performs regular process audits on all key suppliers to ensure that the specified process instructions are being followed as required
- Performs product quality inspections (OBAs) to assure consistency in the quality of the product made by key electronics component suppliers
- Leads vendor and supplier qualification efforts in order to assure consistent delivery of products to meet the business forecasts
- Assists all manufacturers and strategic suppliers in resolving issues surrounding specifications, component selection, and procedures and works to address any CARs/SCARs
- Reviews the product RMA rates and works with internal departments for root cause analysis correction / preventive actions implementations and effectiveness check
- Leads the key component suppliers for the failure analysis of the CM returned parts and the field returned parts to identify the root cause and the corrective actions.
- Review the effectiveness of the corrective actions.
- Review and audit the QC Plan to ensure the key component supplier, like Al metal housing, plastic injection housing and other key component, is complying the processes requirement.
- Lead production readiness audit on key component suppliers.
- BS or MS degree in Mechanical, Manufacturing, Electronics Engineering or Equivalent
- Chinese & English language skills required
- Ability to communicate both verbally and written in Chinese & English
- 10-15 years of experience with Electronics assembly, such as, LCD, OLED, Touch Panel, Battery, FPC, PCB, vibration motor and IC industry.
- Background in the high tech and consumer
- Experience with manufacturing and working directly with Contract Manufacturers and strategic vendors
- FPC, FPCA, PCB, PCBA and system integration manufacturing experience including manufacturing test
- Experience with product lifecycle management (P/N creation, BOM creation, ECO generation and management, AVL management, )
- Quality engineering background and experience with AQLs, product inspections, vendor qualifications and audits
- Ability to drive for Vendor audits
- Frequent travel required within China with the possibility of occasional international travel
- Able to work effectively independently with little supervision.
Gap analysis skills needed
- Process Doc/audit/conformance
- Product Quality monitoring/reporting
- Failure analysis tracking
- RMA analysis