At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Field Event Marketing Manager
Join the world’s most beloved wearables brand! Fitbit helps people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals. Fitbit Health Solutions is the B2B side of the business that develops health and wellness solutions designed to help increase engagement, improve health outcomes, and drive a positive return for employers, health plans and health systems. The Field Event Marketing Manager will play a critical role in the development and execution of industry tradeshows and conferences, targeted field events, speaking engagements, and roadshows for Fitbit Health Solutions.
We are looking for a self-motivated, enthusiastic event marketer to join the Demand Generation team who can:
- Work cross-functionally to produce best-in-class live experiences for prospects, customers, and partners
- Understand different audience segments and build an events calendar to support each initiative
- Identify staffing needs, manage logistics, and work with vendors to ensure seamless execution
- Own the events budget and processes—get scrappy where appropriate
- Work cross-functionally to produce on-brand, on-message promotional materials and content to communicate our offerings to various audiences
- Align with key stakeholders, such as sales and PR to maximize value and accelerate deals
- Build events within the multi-touch, full-funnel campaign model and as a part of an overall Demand Generation strategy for strong ROI
- Drive pre-show interest, attendance, and post-show conversions for revenue potential
- Develop timelines, organizational plans, and internal communications for cohesiveness and transparency across the organization
- Regularly report and analyze results based on quarterly KPIs and industry benchmarks for optimal management buy-in
- Bachelor’s degree required. A degree in Business, Marketing, and/or Communication is a plus.
- At least 5 years in marketing with majority of that time in B2B event marketing roles
- Experience using Salesforce, Marketo, and 3rd Party Integrated Tools (i.e. ON24, Splash, etc.)
- Prior working experience planning and executing on-site programs, virtual is a plus
- A deep understanding of the creative requirements for events with a proven ability to effectively coproduce with our creative team
- A flexible multi-tasker that can handle a multitude of different responsibilities at one time
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills – both spoken and written
- Strong planning and organizational skills, including attention to detail
- Copywriting is a plus
- Knowledge of current best practices and new strategies for event marketing
- Preferred prior working experience with demand gen funnel methodology for lead progression
- Ability to collaborate, build relationships, and drive results across teams (including remote colleagues) and at all levels of an organization
- Willingness to travel to events as needed
- Prior experience marketing to HR/Benefits buyers or in healthcare is a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.