At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60 million devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalised experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a re-energised focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s EMEA HQ is based in Dublin with Global HQ campus located in the heart of San Francisco with additional office locations in Singapore, Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
About the Job:
This position manages a portfolio of customer accounts and supports the local credit and collection activities required to maintain healthy accounts receivables, while administering and adhering to the Company established Accounts Receivable and Credit Policy. The day to day duties will include collection calls, credit reviews and credit hold releases, credit research and reconciliation, filing and maintenance of credit documents, resolution of disputes and other duties as assigned by the Accounts Receivable Supervisor.
Credit Risk Assessment of assigned portfolio of accounts
- Ensure customer’s adherence to credit limit and terms
- Ensure AR aging is up to date, follow up on any overdue balances
- Analyse customer credit worthiness in accordance with the established Accounts Receivable and Credit Policy and Procedures
- Perform daily maintenance and management of Credit Insurance Credit Limits
- Credit limit request with Insurers
- Perform deduction validation of customer claims
- Work closely with customers, sales and other internal business partners to ensure adequate back up obtained and credits generated timely
- Track, review and maintenance of deductions for assigned portfolio of accounts
Reporting and Customer Maintenance
- Provide monthly required reports
- Ensures customer records/system is updated for changes and additions
- Develop and maintain relationships with customers, sales and other departments
- Adhere to SOX compliance regulations and controls
- Provide timely responses to customer inquiries and special requests
- Provide back up as needed within the department
- Perform special projects as needed within established timeframes
- Participate in de-centralisation of AR processes
Desired Qualifications & Skills:
- 3 – 5 years of experience in AR (ideally in collection & cash application areas)
- Solid knowledge of credit principles and practices in a complex environment
- Previous experience with SAP and Highradius
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Degree/Diploma in Finance/Accounting or equivalent major
- Detail Oriented
- Must be able to work independently and multi task to thrive in a fast-paced environment
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.