At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
- Drives the mission of the Infrastructure Services group for the VP End User & Infrastructure IT (EU&I), fostering a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement, workforce productivity and a positive infrastructure service experience; available, reliable, compliant, secure
- Leads the development of the Infra Services service strategy and technical roadmap, and ensures its integration with the overall enterprise strategic plans. Works with the VP EU & IT on the service portfolio and governance required to prioritize resources, including budget
- Manages a team of technical professionals, guides and empowers them to plan, design, implement & operate Infra Services, and ensures its integration with the overall enterprise strategic plans
- Acts as a trusted advisor, and builds and maintains relationships with other Engineering leaders and business executives to develop a clear understanding of business needs. Ensures cost-effective delivery of IT services to meet those needs, and is able to respond with the agility required to address changing business priorities
- Develops and controls the annual operating expenditure (opex) and capital expenditure (capex) budgets for Infra Services to ensure that it's consistent with the overall strategic objectives of IT and the enterprise, and is within plan
- Maintains currency on new technologies and platforms — including machine learning in operations and edge computing — and provides direction on what emerging technologies should be assimilated, integrated and introduced in Infra Services
- Directs the development of an Infra Services sourcing strategy and provides oversight for strategic global vendor and partner relationship management working with in-direct procurement team
- Works with HR and the IT leadership team to develop an Infra Services "talent strategy" that aligns with the current and future business strategy
- Bachelors or master's degree in computer science, information systems, or related field, or equivalent work experience
- 7-10 or more years of experience in IT and business/industry
- Five+ years of leadership & management responsibilities
- Assess and build high performing teams, technical leaders
- Preferably proven experience or demonstrated capability in leading IT transformational initiatives in complex and dynamic environments
- Exceptional leadership & management skills, with the ability to develop and communicate an Infra Services vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns with the IT and business strategy
- Ability to build a strong partnership with the business and demonstrate the business value of IT
- Effective influencing and negotiation skills in an environment in which resources may not be in direct control of this role
- Excellent analytical, strategic conceptual thinking, strategic planning and execution skills, right results, right time, right way
- Demonstrated ability to drill deep, to the network packets and kernel for the sake of delivering an excellent service experience. Preference for Networking and Cloud technologies in a converged stack
- Application of appropriate regulatory or statutory compliance, including SOX, GDPR, and HiTrust
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.