At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
Fitbit’s HQ is located in the heart of San Francisco and we have additional offices in Boston, San Diego, Salt Lake City, Dublin, Bucharest and in various other markets around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Reporting to the Chief-of-Staff (CoS) to EVP of Engineering, the Executive Assistant provides executive support in a triad working relationship (EVP, CoS, EA). The Executive Assistant serves as a primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on matters pertaining to EVP of Engineering. The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working in a tech-focused environment that is mission-driven and community oriented. The ideal individual can exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple, shifting priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects from conception to completion, and must be able to handle confidential matters with discretion.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Completes a broad variety of administrative task for the EVP and CoS including: managing extremely active calendars, completing expenses reports;
- Plans, coordinates and ensures EVP schedule is followed and respected. Provides “gatekeeper” and “gateway, win-win solutions for direct access to the EVP
- Communicates directly, and on behalf of the EVP, with external constituents on matters related to EVP programmatic initiatives
- Researches, prioritizes and follows up on incoming issues and concerns related to the EVP and CoS, including those of a sensitive or confidential nature. Determines appropriate course of action, referral or response, and collaborates with CoS to establish standards for such activity.
- Provides smooth communication between the EVP / CoS and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff
- Works closely and effectively with the EVP and CoS to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Act as a “barometer” having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping them updated.
- Builds relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have an organizational impact
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Work closely with the CEO & CTO EA to ensure alignment with the co-founders priorities.
- Act as the Lead EA/Admin for Engineering Admins (all report to CoS).
- 8+ years’ experience:
- Minimum 2 years supporting a EVP in a public company
- 5 years of progressively increasing responsibility as an Executive Assistant with a solid track record providing support for SVP and higher
- Comfortable using both Mac and PCs; advanced understanding of Microsoft Suite, Google Apps, teleconferencing applications, expense management, HR and legal platforms
- Experience and interest in technology, digital health and fitness focused lifestyle
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or relevant qualifications
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.