At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Vice President Business Applications is a senior member of the Fitbit leadership team and reports to the Chief Financial Officer. The Vice President Business Applications will be responsible for managing Fitbit’s Enterprise applications such as SAP, Workday, Salesforce, Business Intelligence Reporting and other applications. The successful candidate will have experience working with senior management to collaborate on business objectives and solutions. She or he must have strong leadership skills to build and manage an effective Business Applications team to support systems and reporting requirements for the business. This position will be a key business partner to functions across the organization. The position will lead the development of a strategic vision of our application environment. Her or his team will be responsible for supporting business application users and working with remote support teams.
- Provide strategic global leadership across the business application function
- Partner with C-level and their direct leadership teams to create robust Business Application and Analytics services roadmaps. Ensure these roadmaps are well understood throughout the business functions and meet emerging requirements
- Oversee the success of Application Development projects in alignment with Enterprise portfolio and integrated with Company’s short term and long term goals.
- Work closely with other teams to understand current and future requirements; suggest solutions and alternatives - Transform business processes through technology
- Bring innovative, external best practice ideas to all areas of Fitbit business
- Organize and lead a highly technical global team for scale and growth
- Specify implementation of standards, methods, and procedures for inspecting, testing, and evaluating the precision and reliability of applications and software
- Establish robust technology risk management framework including Information security, privacy and disaster recovery.
- Foster a culture of trusted partnership, service and continuous improvement
- Establish and meet SLAs to support reliable and efficient daily operating capabilities
- Managing large capital and operating budgets
- Ensure Application Development initiatives and projects are well managed and deliver on expectations - functionality, timeliness, and cost
- Cultivate a deep breadth of team leadership and technical talent to deliver results and support future growth
- Lead and coach their team to their full potential and develop their careers
- The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership, management, interpersonal and communication skills.
- The ability to listen, synthesize, mediate, lead and explain at all levels will be critical
- Ability to listen and to manage conflicts and achieve compromise while meeting meaningful goals and respecting other parties' perspectives
- Ability to influence others' behavior toward the company goals; high emotional intelligence
- She or he will have managed complex systems implementation projects with depth of experience in application management
- Proven experience as a business focused, change driven, credible leader in a fast growing technology company
- Strong background with SDLC and agile development
- Strong work ethic with an internal motivation to lead success
- Operates with high integrity and transparency
- Project Management knowledge and discipline
- Strong project and program governance experience.
- Ability to build strong and sustaining professional relationships at all levels of the organization
- Strong knowledge and experience of SAP and other business applications
- Requires strong analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Ability to anticipate needs of the business & scale team to stay ahead of the curve
- Expertise in understanding complex technology & applying it in a practical way to create business solutions
- B.S. degree in Computer Science or Engineering
- Experience designing and presenting IT solutions
- Senior level application management experience (12+ years) in rapid growth companies
- In depth knowledge of ERP, CRM, HCM and PRM processes
- Strong program/project management skills
- Merger & Acquisition integration preferred
- SOX, HIPAA & GDPR knowledge preferred
- 12+ years people management
- 2+ years in a large public international company preferred
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.