At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
This is a newly created position at Fitbit, for which we are seeking an exceptional individual with in-depth experience in building and maintaining a strong SOX control environment, to work with a business process and control owners to help ensure the highest standards of SOX compliance across the company.
This director level position will report directly to the VP, Corporate Controller and as well as partnering with the Business and control owners to develop efficient and well-controlled processes across the enterprise, the successful candidate for this role will also need to interact effectively with both our Internal Audit function, as well as external auditors to ensure compliance with audit testing timelines and all other requirements.
- Provide technical accounting support on new and complex transactions and work cross-functionally to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions
- Oversee SEC Reporting, including management of 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings
- SOX ownership of technical accounting and SEC reporting processes and internal controls
- Evaluate and monitor the ongoing design and operating effectiveness of controls over financial reporting throughout the organization
- Implement and oversee an effective change management process, in which key changes to processes, systems and owners are reviewed, approved and evaluated for their internal control implications
- Assist and advise business process and control owners in the completion of SOX documentation, including flow charts and process narratives
- Document and assess control deficiencies as they are identified and assist control owners to establish and execute on a remediation plan
- Identify opportunities to redesign and improve the operating effectiveness of controls through simplification and automation
- Monitor global controls and processes to ensure consistency and alignment across all regions
- Working with our internal and external audit teams, develop and manage the calendar of key deliverables for all control owners to ensure all key SOX related deliverables are met
- Periodically report to senior management, the Audit Committee and our external auditors regarding status of internal controls; Sarbanes Oxley 404 assessments and any identified deficiencies.
- Clearly communicates issues, including preparing comprehensive written reports, and pursues effective and timely resolution to issues.
- Conduct regular training for process owners regarding SOX compliance, how to update documentation, conduct walkthroughs etc.
- Big 4 experience a plus
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance preferred
- 5+ years of SEC reporting experience
- 10+ years SOX compliance related positions, with at least 5 of these in a lead role
- Knowledge and experience evaluating the design and effectiveness of processes and controls over system development/change management, logical and physical access, data integrity/accuracy/completeness.
- Knowledge of technology and/or consumer goods industries is preferred, including an in-depth understanding of all key process flows
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally approximately 5 - 10%
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.