At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a motivated, energetic, and knowledgeable leader to guide and develop a mission-critical team of manufacturing subject matter experts focused on solving our most complex manufacturing and automation challenges. In this exciting role you will lead a team of diversely-skilled engineers whose expertise includes but is not limited to automation, sealing, waterproofing, adhesives, and machining. Your team’s charter is to influence design for ease of assembly, drive down manufacturing costs, and drive up time to market, yield, and quality. You and your team will be responsible for successful delivery of manufacturing solutions for current and future NPI programs via early and close engagement with design, manufacturing, supply chain, PM, and other counterparts across the US and Asia. The ideal candidate is an enthusiastic and hands-on individual, an accomplished and respected manufacturing authority, and a thoughtful and engaging leader.
What You’ll Work On
- Engage with industrial and product design teams and leaders to influence design for ease of assembly and drive down manufacturing costs.
- Drive factory automation strategy, including solution characterization and partner selection, with a focus on cost, flexibility, and reuse
- Define and develop team roles and responsibilities.
- Coach and guide junior and senior level engineers.
- Research, identify, propose, and implement next-generation high-volume manufacturing techniques and solutions, including but not limited to assembly, fastening, sealing, and testing.
- Work multi-functionally upstream and downstream with engineering, manufacturing, sourcing, and sustaining teams to drive integration into NPI programs
- 7+ years of relevant experience in a mid to high volume manufacturing environment, including 4+ years in a leadership capacity
- Shown success implementing complex manufacturing solutions with overseas manufacturing partners
- Specific expertise in automation and/or sealing of consumer electronics devices - functional requirements specifications, acceptance testing, equipment installation/commissioning, ROI/Monte Carlo/tolerance analysis, mechatronics, robotic programming and control, liquid and film-based adhesive solutions, water resistance testing and standards
- Proven ability to develop complex cost-benefit analyses and justifications, effective technical strategies, and efficient organizational strategies
- Multi-functional collaboration excellence at all organizational levels
- DFM tools and techniques
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant technical discipline
- Ability to travel internationally (10-20%)
- Comfort with ambiguity and rapid change
- Enjoy working in a fun team setting!
- Master’s degree in engineering, business, or engineering management
- Specific expertise with high volume wearables manufacturing
- Experience in a regulated environment
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.