At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a highly-motivated litigation paralegal to join our litigation team.
What you’ll do:
- Provide paralegal support on litigation matters with focus on assisting with discovery;
- Be the main point of contact for eDiscovery vendors and facilitate all aspects of document collection with the vendor and outside counsel;
- Work closely with internal business teams to facilitate discovery, including identifying sources, locations, and efficient processes for collection of relevant information;
- Manage eDiscovery related tasks, including legal holds and investigations;
- Implement and/or improve on processes related to legal hold, document retention, vendor management, invoice processing, etc.;
- Coordinate and draft responses to information requests and third-party subpoenas;
- Assist with the management and resolution of consumer complaints, including developing training and guidance for the resolution of consumer complaints with our customer service team, and assisting with the investigation, negotiation, and settlement of claims made through customer service and other means;
- Maintain case dockets and calendars;
- Work with outside counsel, vendors, insurance carriers, and internal teams to help manage budgets and invoices for litigation matters;
- Provide support on projects for the litigation team and/or other teams within legal.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of litigation paralegal experience, in-house experience strongly preferred;
- Must be tech-savvy and be well-versed and skilled in all aspects of eDiscovery;
- Specific knowledge of litigation and third-party subpoena processes;
- Able to handle multiple tasks and work independently in a fast-paced environment;
- Strong client-relations and interpersonal skills, as well as excellent judgment and superior written and oral communication and analytic skills;
- Enjoy working collaboratively, cross-functionally, with a “roll up your sleeves” attitude;
- Collegial, hardworking, confident, a self-starter, have a passion for results and a healthy disdain for drama.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.