At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Taipei Boston, San Diego, Bucharest and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Senior Firmware Engineer
The engineer who fills this position will develop and support a suite of tools for hardware diagnostic for prototype hardware and system validation testing. This role requires active participation in all phases of development and support from architecture definition and design through implementation, debugging, testing and support. The candidate for this position would work collaboratively and alongside other firmware, hardware, software, and QA engineers, manufacturing test teams, and external development partners.
In addition, as a Senior Firmware Engineer you will help develop new firmware technologies, systems, and drivers for Fitbit’s hardware products. You will develop firmware for a variety of integrated peripherals, including sensors, storage, power systems and more. Your role will require utilizing software design, methods and approaches for developing product/system architecture. In-depth experience with one or more functional areas is a plus: operating systems, RTOS, system services, BSPs and drivers and Sensors and signal processing.
What You'll Do:
- Responsible for supporting, troubleshooting, conducting diagnostics, evaluating electronic circuitry, subsystems, or other hardware elements.
- Define and verify the functionality of manufacturing test firmware
- Drive automation of firmware test cases to help scale development & manufacturing test process
- Develop processes to qualify builds and various milestones in the hardware development lifecycle
- Understand schedule and factory release timelines and priorities.
- Must have skills to work independently and as part of a larger development team and have demonstrated ability to have completed multiple, complex technical projects
- Should be flexible to accommodate any high priority tasks
- Make quality judgements and recommendations for every release to the factory well ahead of drop deadline so fix is provided and validated before the factory release timeline
- 10% Travel Time to Fitbit Manufacturing Sites and other Fitbit development offices
Who You Are:
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline (in lieu of Master degree, 5 years of relevant work experience)
- 5 years of experience as a firmware engineer in consumer electronics, computer engineering or related field
- Comfortable with electrical test tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, data signal acquisition modules.
- Strong software development and programming using C.
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience in hardware and software development methodology.
- Experience and in-depth knowledge of factory floor and assembly process and methodologies along with manufacturing tests
- Self-motivated, team player, able to pro-actively communicate with all team members, employees and vendors and work well in a fast paced environment
- Experience with Multi-national companies, working with remote teams
- English fluency
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.