At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What you'll do:
- Contribute to the Fitbit current and future wireless architectures and platforms, by defining wireless subsystems requirements, specifications and block diagrams
- Support the EE schematic design for new components and products, acting as the RF expert on a product team
- Review PCB layouts, to guarantee proper design best practices are followed, with particular emphasis on signal integrity and de-sense mitigation
- Work with FW and Systems team to develop and enhance wireless subsystems performance
- Work alongside our antenna design RF engineer
- Debug and resolve coexistence and de-sense issues
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering groups: compliance, ME, EE, Manufacturing
- Define and develop test methods for evaluating RF performance in the lab (conducted and OTA)
- Collaborate closely with test group’s RF team on production test fixtures to ensure good RF test coverage
- Work with RFIC vendors to define next generation silicon features
Experience we'd like to see:
- Must have 10 or more years of industry experience.
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment, using RF signal generators, spectrum and signal analyzers, VNAs and signaling testers (R&S CMW500).
- Must have excellent familiarity with at least two of the following wireless technologies: LTE, Bluetooth, WiFi, NFC and GNSS. Bonus point if proven experience of bringing a LTE product to market.
- Must have extensive experience with RF systems design, from circuit and board level design up through the protocol level. Bonus points if experienced with packaging and miniaturization technologies and processes.
- Must have good experience with RF simulation tools, like ADS or AWR Microwave Office. Bonus points if experienced with 3D solvers like HFSS or CST.
- Deep understanding of RF component characteristics and behavior, is required.
- Proven track record of writing system requirements and specifications documents, statements of work, test flows, to be provided to cross-functional within the company and to external partners
- Bonus points if experienced tweaking existing test automation software, written in Python and/or LabVIEW
Who You are:
- Can balance time between projects
- Passionate about making things
- Technical leader with good communication skills
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.