At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognise our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The Software Engineering organisation in Bucharest has several teams addressing different aspects of the business. In any of these teams, you will be able to contribute to world class developed applications.
We are looking for new colleagues in the following two teams:
- Device Mobile Infrastructure team
Fitbit is looking for a software test leader that will improve strategy, contribute to testing, coordinate and optimize the coverage for the Device Mobile Infrastructure team. You’ll review the testing strategy and test plans, optimize coverage, coordinate test execution among other engineers, design new tests and execute both manual or automated within a team. The ideal candidate is well organized, has broad experience in Software Quality Assurance and has led teams of Software Test Engineers. The ideal candidate has good coding skills and preferably automation experience for Backend, iOS or Android.
- Ecosystem Testing Team
The Ecosystem Testing Team is our new team responsible for delivering high quality experiences for our customers by implementing an end-to-end testing approach for the Fitbit devices: testing process, automation framework, monitoring and reporting framework(s).
We are looking for a highly motivated and organized colleague who is eager to take on the challenge of leading this team. If you are interested in this role and want to know more, keep reading.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritise, and organise test cases into logical suites for automated execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Increase automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Use test and development best practices, patterns and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile environment and be involved in the entire Software Development Lifecycle for our products and services
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Java/Swift, Python or other OOP language
- 5+ years of total experience in Automation Testing;
- 2+ years experience with mobile/web/software applications
- Previous experience with mobile operating systems
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Automation and test frameworks for iOS (XCUITest)
- Automation and test frameworks for Android (Espresso)
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.