At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Fitbit is looking for experienced SDETs to create and expand the automated testing of the Fitbit mobile applications. We’re looking for proactive engineers who are passionate and has a proven track record for automatically testing products from concept to delivery. The ideal candidate has good coding skills and automation experience for iOS or Android.
These Senior SDETs will be joining the Mobile or Comms teams.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for automated execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Increase automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile environment and be involved in the entire Software Development Lifecycle for our products and services
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Java/Swift, Python or other OOP language
- 5+ years of total experience in Automation Testing;
- 2+ years experience with mobile/web/software applications
- Previous experience with mobile operating systems
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Automation and test frameworks for iOS (XCUITest)
- Automation and test frameworks for Android (Espresso)
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.