At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Join a company that literally transforms lives! Fitbit designs products and experiences that track everyday health and fitness, empowering and inspiring people to lead healthier, more active lives. The assistant editor is a storyteller responsible for furthering the Fitbit brand message of making every step count and encouraging people to reach their goals, have fun, and feel empowered along the way.
The assistant editor must have at least 2 years of experience working with content to be considered.
- Act as a storyteller – develop and create best-in-class content for Fitbit web properties (blog, Community) and social media channels, including articles, photos, videos, infographics, and more.
- Edit and assign content to freelance writers.
- Utilize a metrics-based approach to deliver highly-targeted content programs that execute upon company and Marketing team goals
- Create compelling, high-impact content that addresses needs by segments and personas.
- Utilize listening/monitoring tools, reporting systems, and success metrics to test and optimize content across all channels.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in journalism, marketing, communications, English, or related field
- At least 2 years of experience in marketing and/or content and writing
- Proven experience in writing, copywriting, editing, and storytelling
- Demonstrated experience with content development
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills – both spoken and written
- Enjoy working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment
- Media background a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.