At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit?
Brief description of the job:
Fitbit is looking for a SDET (Software Development Engineer in Test) to join our growing cross-functional distributed (Minsk + Boston) Fitbit Health Solutions team. As an SDET you will help shape the future of test and automation at Fitbit. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery.
What you'll work on:
- Partner with Fitbit Infrastructure and Automation teams to deliver a unified approach to automation
- Covering new functionality with automation testing scenarios
- Design, develop and deploy new automated test cases
- Building automation platform for testing microservice-based ecosystem
- Continuously evaluate and adopt industry best approaches for automation
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- 4+ years of total experience in QA/Testing & Test Automation
- Strong software engineering and development skills in Java
- Curiosity on how tools you use work under the hood
- Passion for testing and aspiration to deliver high-quality product
- Mobile automation experience is a plus
- Building stress and load based tool sets that can identify stack limitations is a plus as well
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
- Previous experience with Unix operating systems and networking
- Ability to work and achieve results without daily supervision collaborating with other engineers
- Advanced English
Perks & Benefits:
- Competitive salary and stock options (RSUs)
- International Team of world-class engineers
- Cutting edge tech stack
- Premium hardware of your choice: Apple or Lenovo
- Comprehensive medical insurance: medicines and dental
- Fitbit employee discount on devices and accessories
- Sport expenses compensation
- Flexible work hours
- 26 days vacation, paid sick leave, extra days off
- Free English classes with native speakers
- Business trips to US & Europe
- Fully-stocked kitchen
- Office located in the city center
- Work on life-changing product
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.