At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
Brief Description of the Job
We’re looking for a motivated, experienced, and capable NPI manufacturing engineer to join our expanding Asia team and lead development of FATP manufacturing processes on new programs. In this rewarding role your mission is to deliver fast, efficient, cost-effective, high volume assembly processes and solutions for complex, precision consumer electronics wearables. You’ll be heavily involved in the entire product development process, from early DFM engagement with product designers, to collaboration with manufacturing partners and equipment vendors on assembly process design and development, to oversight of factory implementation and qualification, to product launch. It’s a terrific opportunity to advance your career in an exciting environment with a high caliber team.
What You’ll Work On
- Development of manufacturing processes, in collaboration with manufacturing partners, by identifying product requirements, researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods and equipment, and conferring with equipment vendors and operators
- Evaluation of manufacturing processes by applying knowledge of product design, fabrication, assembly, tooling, and materials
- Improvement of manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, production capacity, and equipment layout
- Monitoring of yield performance during NPI builds and leadership of yield improvement efforts
- Compilation of DFx feedback and implementation of DFx improvements
- Creation and coordination of DOEs to analyze process improvements
- Identification and investigation of new manufacturing processes and equipment
- Manufacturing line qualification and buyoff, including capability analysis and work instruction signoff
- Bachelor of Science degree in mechanical or industrial engineering or equivalent
- Minimum three years’ experience in a manufacturing environment
- Tool and fixture design
- Tolerance analysis, GD&T
- Excellent English and Mandarin communication skills, oral and written
- Advanced degree in a related subject area
- High volume and high precision consumer electronics experience
- Six Sigma certification (Green, Black Belt)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.