At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
The Director of Data Analytics drives the mission of the Business Data Strategy and BI group for the VP of Applications, fostering a business-oriented culture and mindset driven by continual service improvement, workforce productivity and a positive Data and BI experience. In this role, you will lead the development of the Data strategy and roadmap, and ensure its integration with the overall company data strategic plans. You will work with the VP of Applications on the governance required to prioritize resources, including budget.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with executive leadership, business development, product development and sales to understand business objectives and client analytics needs.
- Work closely with the consulting teams and BI vendors (SAP and Snowflake) to leverage solutions and dashboards for evidence-based decision making.
- Lead data unification and standardization initiatives.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to design, construct, and rapidly test/iterate innovative enterprise data frameworks, solutions and user-friendly visualization dashboards focused on key customer initiatives.
- Serve as a thought leader responsible for educating the Fitbit team on innovative data analytics approaches and applications.
- Accountable for delivery of all projects, programs and tactics relating to BI/Analytics.
- Be the go to person for topics related to DW, Data Governance, Descriptive & Predictive Analytics, Business Intelligence, Reporting/Dash boarding, Big Data and Machine Learning.
- Knowledge of SAP BI and Snowflake platforms
- Lead by example, engaging hands-on in complex data challenges and Information Management projects to derive deep insights from data.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to frame, structure and prioritize business problems where BI can have the biggest impact.
- Drive design, development and deployment of standardized metrics and dashboards to measure our delivery across all our accounts.
- Prioritize, expand, and manage the portfolio of data, analytics, and BI projects to meet business requirements and time and budget constraints.
- Attract, develop, and retain talent to improve team productivity, efficiency, and effectiveness.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- A proactive self-starter who can collaborate among a variety of departments in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- A strategic mindset, with client focus, strong organizational skills and a passion for building new offerings and solutions.
- Proven track record of delivering highly-scalable and reliable solutions through multiple cycles.
- Excellent information management skills (architecture, design, development and support) in ETL, Database, DW, Reporting & Big Data is a must.
- Technical skill set of SAP BI and Snowflake
- Excellent executive communication, stakeholder engagement and stakeholder management skills is strongly preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, particularly the ability to synthesize complex issues/scenarios into easy-to-understand concepts and “storytelling”.
- Attention to detail with self-discipline, strong ownership and accountability and drive for results.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous situations and have influence across organizational boundaries
- Currently authorized to work in the United States without the need for visa or sponsorship now or in the future
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Business Information Systems, Statistics, Mathematics or related field.
- Master’s degree is preferred.
- 10+ years’ of experience in Data Analytics, Business Intelligence and Reporting
- Experience with large data sets and databases and expertise defining, designing, integrating and analyzing data to draw meaningful conclusions and strategic implications.
- Strong experience on at least 2-3 different technology stacks in each of the ETL, DW, Reporting & Big Data space.
- Experience with a variety of Analytics platforms, Visualization platforms and Programming languages
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.