At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognize our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
Grow and lead a team of exceptional engineers. You will manage a team of software engineers that will contribute within a functional area across product development and technology projects. In addition to defining technology roadmaps and strategies in your functional area, you will drive excellence in execution. This is a hands-on engineering management position involving both personnel and technical leadership.
- Grow and lead a team of software engineers contributing and leading development in product and technology projects across mobile, cloud and backend infrastructure technologies
- Coach and develop leadership skills of direct reports
- Work with technical team leads to drive forward technical decisions for projects
- Develop, track, and communicate progress and risks to technology roadmap, maintaining alignment with product roadmap to various stakeholders
- Own development and shipment responsibility for projects
- Oversee and champion architecture and critical implementations, product and code quality, and use of best practices focused on developing highly scalable systems
- Develop, maintain, and implement staffing and hiring plans working closely with product teams, department management and recruiting team
- Lead or participate in technology and product development project retrospectives
- 2+ years experience managing software engineering teams
- 5+ years professional experience in building software projects
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or comparable skill
- Experienced in architecture design of high-availability web applications, mobile frameworks, testing, deployment and monitoring is a plus
- Strong architecture skills (cloud and/or mobile development)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Fluent in English
In Fitbit’s Engineering organization, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organization stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status